Saturday, September 29, 2007

Shot another CMP match today

This was my second CMP match since the 2004 National Matches. I went up to Thurmont, MD to the Thurmont Conservation and Shooting Club and participated in one of their CMP shoots, finishing with a 409-0x out of a possible 500. Now 409 is not all that hot (I used to easily shoot in the 450's back when I was good) but it sure beats the 379 that I shot last time out. I am climbing up the ladder again. The rifle has shown itself well able to hold the ten ring, sadly I'm still not doing my part. But it's getting better. However, good shooting or not, there's still few things as pleasing as firing the venerable U.S. rifle, Caliber .30 M1 (Garand)--a man's rifle if ever there was one. And August, 2008 will be seeing me back on the line at Camp Perry for the 2008 Nationals. Bet on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment