Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday...

So over the week-end, I took the Henry out to shoot...and was surprised and dismayed to find that it shoots so far to the right for some reason that I cannot even get it onto the target at 50 yards. Needless to say, that was a bit of a surprise, especially as it looks and functions so nice. Something messed this rifle up before I got it, and sure enough, an examination of the scope that was on it when I bought it showed me that whoever had it last had adjusted the scope almost to the limit of it's windage range, obviously trying to compensate. Yep--I got hosed on this one.

But I'd heard good things about Henry's customer service, so I shot them off an e-mail about it this morning, and I had a reply back in an hour and Henry is sending a UPS call tag for me to ship the rifle in. Now this impresses me. I don't even have to pay to ship it in to them for evaluation. Most of the big gun companies make you pay for the shipping and it says a lot about Henry Repeating Arms that they do this for a used .22 rifle. I'll keep you updated as to the outcome of this. I really do hope that they can fix it. I like the rifle other than it's little problem of not being able to hit what it's aimed at.

And this afternoon, Lagniappe alerted onto something in the yard, and lo and behold, I had this intruder pruning my hedges.
Now if I could just get it to push a lawn mower...

And I finished the day with another nice run. 40.5 miles down.

No comments:

Post a Comment