Sunday, September 06, 2009

Another K-9 WTF moment...

So I neglected to put out Lagniappe's breakfast yesterday morning. And typically, he let me know it in short order by starting his trademark "feed me" dance that usually entails him running up to me, jumping around until he has my attention, then running back to his dish. If I'm slow to respond, he repeats it and his antics grow more frenzied the longer I take to put food down for him.

Well yesterday he's doing this, and when I finally get around to giving him the food, he's to the point where he's whirling and prancing and jumping up on his hind legs, basically just to do it.

And as luck would have it, one of us (either me or him...I'm betting it was him) had left the silverware drawer open, and sure enough, Lagniappe jumped up when he was right under the open drawer. He hit the drawer hard enough to pop silverware out onto the floor, and the only sound louder than the crash was the "YELP!" that he let out.

He stood there for a second, shook his head like he was trying to clear the cobwebs out, and then sat down and looked at me like it was somehow MY fault that he'd just brained himself on the open drawer.

Would someone please tell me why police departments place such stock in these dogs? Seriously, I don't get it.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:12 PM

    Would like to see a video of doing the dance and hitting the sliverware drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but he never does his dumbest stuff when I've got a camera ready. I could have made a fortune just by sending in videos to "America's clumsiest ex-police dogs" by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since most of their ability is shown at or near bite time , they are like a 'genius geek " who other than rocket science math , cant handle the more simple and mundane tasks in life without getting hurt :)

    ReplyDelete