Thursday, March 03, 2011
OK, so I've been tagged with this prestigious award. Twice.
First by Brigid, and then by ASM826 over at Random Acts of Patriotism.
I wanted to wait until today to accept and pass it along to other, more deserving bloggers, because I will have much free blogging time today. So today having arrived, in accordance with the rules of this award, I am to tell you all seven (7) things about myself that most of you probably do not know. I am then to nominate 10 more bloggers whom I read and enjoy daily, and they, upon acceptance, must do likewise.
So about me.
1. I once worked in an ice cream shop as a teen, but I was let go because I could not manage to figure out either the antiquated cash register or how to put hard ice cream on cones without busting the cones.
2. I once lived in a camper made out of an old ambulance in the Colorado mountains for a whole summer...with a dog, of course.
3. I taught Geology for a year and a half.
4. I was once a defense attorney and I never lost a case in court. I won both cases and retired with a perfect record.
5. I was once bitten by a wolf...then thrown out of the zoo after going to the information desk to request a bandaid and asking if the animals were up to date on their shots.
6. I like old musicals.
7. I once took a fancy to an attractive young lady down in New Orleans, only to find out right after asking her out on a date that she'd been born a guy.
Life's seldom been dull, let me tell ya.
My nominations for great blogs, in no particular order, are:
Gator Girl Tales
Providentia (When he actually writes)
The Warrior Class
Musings of a Vast Right Winger Late addition...I always seem to miss one.
I like many others, but believe that they've all been named previously. Heck, just check out my blog list to the left. They would not be on there if they were merely average.