Friday, February 17, 2012

Still missing

Just an update on my missing rifle.

USPS tracking shows it still at the Post Office in Eagle, ID after having been mis-directed back there on MONDAY. It is now close of business on Friday and it has not left there, nor could a postal worker there find it, although it was like pulling teeth to get her to even pretend to look for it, a task which she then devoted all of about ten seconds to. But I should not worry, she says, because a supervisor is supposed to call me back tomorrow.

Somehow I'm not reassured. Can someone please tell me again why we pay all of these people so much money?

8 comments:

  1. "...please tell me again why we pay all of these people so much money?"

    Your guess is as good as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a clue over here... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. And their solution to their failing business model?... Raise the price of stamps and reduce services provided even further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Call your local newspaper. Once THIS cat is out of the bag the USPS will pull out all stops to try to remove the egg from their faces. Worked for a gal up hare who had sent a Christmas gift to her elderly mother across the country with plenty of time yo spare. Canada Post pulled it off, found the parcel and had it there for Christmas. (A month after it was posted)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give them credit for what they do well. I always receive my bulk (junk) mail on time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Start insurance claim paperwork. Make a BATF report. Stir the bureaucratic pot. Make work for them and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fitting. It seems the USPS lost my renewed C&R FFL that was sent from ATF in December and there's been no sign of it.

    Thankfully ATF is going to send me a replacement copy but sheesh.

    ReplyDelete