Friday, October 12, 2012

I hate him...I F'n hate him.

Today I've been working on cleaning and re-organizing my basement, a long-overdue task.

In the process, I've gathered up numerous tools, including a few socket wrenches and several dozen sockets. Taking the mis-matched socket sets out on my deck, I sat down and meticulously sorted them, dividing them between inch and metric pattern and 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drives. I then put each sub-set in order from smallest to largest so I could figure out what was missing and assemble a few complete sets.

I had the little sockets lined up nicely on the top of my toolbox, all separated and put in order like squads of little soldiers, and I was just getting ready to start putting them in the trays and a couple of bags (for the spares) when Murphy ran up with a Kong toy and deliberately threw it down on top of the tool box, scattering sockets everywhere. All that sorting...wiped out.

I hate him. I really do.

"Heh. You can play with me, or I'll just play with you."


12 comments:

  1. And here i thoght you were going to talk about Biden ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking "Biden" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh-heh...Look howz I make all the shinyz piecez dance! You likez the kaleidezcope, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Simple & Rev. Paul: No, it was just Murphy, but if Crazy Joe Biden came over and scattered my sockets all over the deck like Murphy did, I'd be knocking him out like Joe Louis did Max Schmeling in 1938.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I don't have anybody to blame for my disorganization. So you got that anyway. I'm looking for a trim panel and AM radio for a 71-73 Mustang. I thought it was here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL How can you say no to that expression?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rule 1 of cleaning and organizing:
    Always play with dog first. Get dog good and tired; then it will sleep through most quiet cleaning tasks. If you want dog to chill about the vacuum cleaner, provide plenty of exercise, then give two Benadryl in a blob of peanut butter, and wait an hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. something similair happend to me once. Only it was with large batch of small multi colored rinestones. I worked to sort them all by color..then it happend. Our youngest, was playing and bumped in to the table. There went my hard work, scattered in the carpet.. I made him help me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man... NO doggie biscuit for Murphy!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Shucks he just wanted to play

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Rick: Yeah, I know. And I won't say that we didn't go play in his run for a few minutes, but still...I about went cross-eyed trying to read and re-sort all of those damned sockets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe! But you can't stay mad at that face

    ReplyDelete