Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Morning Bell(e).

I remember, back before November, when this was a one-dog house and I could actually sleep in in the morning.

But this lady is solar-powered and makes no bones about the fact that, come sunrise, she wants her human up.
"Rise and shine! I wanna go outside and I want my breakfast!"

I love this dog, really I do, but I'd like to be able to sleep past the break of dawn just one morning without being subject to whining and pawing and face-licking should I dare get close enough to the edge of the bed for her to reach me. Just once. That's not asking too much, is it?

And where's that other one--the one that's supposed to protect me from attackers like this?
For some reason, she lets him sleep as long as he wants. I gotta wonder what kind of deal he struck and how I can get in on it.

7 comments:

  1. You need to get yourself some blackout shades. That way you can cover the windows and trick her into thinking it is still night time until you want to get up. Or you could just blindfold her, but somehow I am thinking that might not go over so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but she sure is a fine looking dog, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has come along pretty well, I'll admit. And as you can see, she doesn't share Murphy's dislike of the camera.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe Murphy lets you sleep in... And you've made that 'bed' so to speak... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot. Murph's finally starting to slow down just a tad. He truly loves his warm bed in the morning and I think that he'd sleep until noon if a certain female didn't stir things up at first light.

      Delete
  4. She is so pretty. And looks so happy.

    I've noticed that as the sun rises earlier and we move towards Spring, the cats are not only getting active earlier, but are no insistent that I need to be up, too. Up until recently they've usually been content to just snuggle and snooze until it was my own idea to get up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are the source of outdoor access and breakfast. Murphy is not. That is why he gets a pass. Smart dog!

    ReplyDelete