Monday, September 15, 2014

Technical difficulties...

Sorry for disappearing yesterday. My modem quit working Saturday night, and after a few calls to the cable people, one finally discovered that my modem was sending back "End of life" signals, meaning that it was dead, I guess. So I had to wait until this morning to bring the deceased one back to the cable company (The phone tech told me that giving it a viking funeral in the back yard would not be acceptable for exchange purposes) and I got a new one, which I hooked up with the "help" of two curious German Shepherds who had to have their noses into every aspect of the under-desk install process.

But now I'm back on line and getting caught up. Bear with me for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. My modem died last week. When the tech came to replace it, I had to point to it twice on the desktop before he realized what he was looking at.

    He said, "That's really old, you know." "I know."

    He said, "They don't even make those anymore." "I know."

    He said, "I'm not even going to bother running any tests on it. I'm just going to replace it." I just laughed and walked back into the other room.

    I went from a modem the size of a Tom Clancy novel to one the size of a deck of cards.

    ReplyDelete