Sunday, December 21, 2014

Still here...

Sorry for the lack of blogging. This virus that I picked up really laid me out big time. On top of that, it came just before I was to travel up to Michigan to spend a few days with family. 

Figuring that I was starting to get better, I drove up, dogs on board and Proud Hillbilly following behind as she was on the way to see her own family. We made it up without incident and I only drank a bottle of DayQuil and ate a pound of cough drops for the trip up. Once here, the dogs settled in well enough and I just resumed sleeping and generally feeling poorly. We had a short dinner last night with Aaron and his family, made more interesting by the fact the Aaron was about as sick as I was. 

Today I started to come out from under this bug, but I'm still a long way from ok. 

One notable incident:  Yesterday there came a knock at the door. My mother opened the door, only to have Murphy jump in between her and the person at the door and go completely nuts. The person at the door was one of those guys who drives around selling meat out of a freezer in the back of a pick-up truck, and something about him totally tripped Murphy's trigger, because Murphy was doing his best to get hold of the guy while loudly and seriously roaring at him. By the time I got to the door, the guy has already run back to his truck, jumped in, and started heading off down the driveway. Bet it's a long time before my mom sees that particular peddler again. Oh well. But Murphy earns a "good boy" for his protective behavior towards my mother, which is completely different from his normal reaction when people come up my driveway at home. It's as if with me, he just feels a need to alert me to visitors, but with my mom...he was going to protect her, no quarter asked or given. Good dog, Murph.

More tomorrow. I promise. For now though...see ya.

10 comments:

  1. Good boy, Murph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy at the door must have smelled like "supper"...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guy committed the crime of "stranger too close to gramma".

      Murphy is a jerk in a lot of ways, but he's sure on top of his game when it matters.

      Delete
  3. Amelia has flu we are all hoping not to share and Mommy and Daddy have had little rest... But B has started same croupy cough. Y'all keep your plagues away from me, hear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and Aaron recover quickly. Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:03 PM

    Mucinex with the cough suppresant thing if you have that. It helped survive my 11 day bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good dog, Murph! Attaboy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good boy, Murphy!
    Regarding your comment;
    ..... but I'm still a long way from ok.
    Understatement of the year! lol
    Hope you get to feeling better soon, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for Murphy, but I was wondering if you were still upright (more or less)...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:04 PM

    Good Boy Murphy
    I hope you are better soon

    ReplyDelete