Saturday, February 28, 2015

It's ALIVE!!!

The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play, so we sat in the house all that cold, cold wet day. I sat there with Murphy, I sat there with Belle. I toyed with my Reising, and I cursed it to hell.

I took all the parts off, then I put them back on. I could never admit, that this damned gun had won.
I took off the mag housing and the action bar. I wanted to junk it, but that'd be going a bit far.
I took out the hammer, I took out the bolt. I could not resolve it, I felt like a dolt.
I cycled rounds though it, dozens by hand. Why it would not work I could not understand.
The action was smooth, and nothing was binding. but this subgun won't run, and my nerves it was grinding.
Then suddenly it hit me, from out of the blue. An epiphany struck me, back together it flew.
I ran to the range, with a witness in tow. And I loaded it up, but I had to shoot slow.
For machine guns are banned at this Fuddly range, so I fired it all semi, although it felt strange.
Thirty rounds with no malfunctions!!! Yee-hah! I'm saving the rest of my .45 for another full-auto test tomorrow at a different range, but it sure looks like I've about got this thing fixed!

Oh, and apologies to Dr. Suess for sampling his story, but I really don't care if he minds, because I've got a functioning Reising now and he probably does not.

11 comments:

  1. Be interesting to hear what the problem was.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. Was. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must now wear a Dr Seuss hat when firing that gun,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was brilliant! I recall one day when I showed up at MC and Mr. B's and she had started in with Dr. Seuss, but it went downhill when after going to the pistol range I was poured a beer and Mr. B. said ' ' would you like that in a glass. . . . . ."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. We can stop that right there. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Best thing I've read lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo Hoo! :-) And I'm betting is was something small and simple that everybody had overlooked... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. A quick Search mentions mag lips need adjustments, cleaning and lubrication. The bolt is finicky due to a delayed blowback operation.

    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/16/odd-guns-m50-reising-submachinegun/ shows several people shooting one, and commenting on it's capacity to jam frequently, along with their attempts to correct problems.

    RHB

    ReplyDelete