Wednesday, June 03, 2015

And it begins again. Dear BATFE...

I just finished filling out the fingerprint cards and the Form 4s (complete with my photos), a check for $200 and the "Yes, I'm a US citizen" page, and I sent them off today priority mail to start the long transfer process for my birthday present to myself. (My birthday was two months ago, and while I made the purchase then, there have been other delays in the process since.)

With any luck, I might see my present before my next birthday?

The rest of you will just have to keep checking back over the next 9-10 months if you want to see it when it gets here.

Hee.

9 comments:

  1. Murphy man, thanks for all the interesting content. This is not really a connection to your actual post, but, it's late, and I've had a Boddingtons (or two) and I thought this was interesting. Sorry about that. Never considered that physics make things move a certain way (like a friend's legal full-auto thompson rises to the a bit to the right) elementary for folks with a great deal of experience like you...

    http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a15822/learning-to-fly-the-stall/

    Makes sense, with one action impacting subsequent reactions..... kinda like liberal programs creating unintended consequences..... I digress...

    You might have seen this, my apologies if you have,

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. You submitting as an individual or an NFA Trust?

    Alien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Individual. C&R actually.

      Delete
  4. OK then. Happy Birthday! Hope it pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now to begin speculating: Will it go "bangety-bangety-bangety" or will it go "pfft"? Curious minds want to know......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will most definitely be audible from a distance...and cool.

      Delete
  6. Ah yes, the wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly, but exceedingly dull.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting to see your present to yourself

    ReplyDelete