Monday, July 06, 2015

Back

Sorry, work had me busy and away for a few days.

The dogs had a dog sitter popping in to visit them, and for some reason, they were very good. Why is it that they never act the fools or behave badly when other people are around? Only with me, I guess. So no one else believes that they are really annoying with a side of evil. If the sitter is to be believed, Murphy didn't steal anything all week-end and Belle never escaped once, bringing the total number of days since a Belle break to fourteen (14!!) And nothing is missing or wrecked. What did these dogs do, go into suspended animation while I was gone?

And of course when I do get back in last night, well after dark, they did their best to kill me. I walk up the steps and open the door into the house, and before I can even reach the light switch in the darkness, two 80lb. Shepherds are on me like Rosie O'Donnell on a pork chop. Tails are wagging and tongues are licking and all the stuff I'm carrying is knocked out of my arms as I barely avoid being shoved back down the stairs.


But yeah, it was good to see them, too.

7 comments:

  1. At least you know they noticed your absence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unconditional love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be a smart dog behavior. We're fostering a male golden that is just a lover when others are present. When it's just the 3 of us, darn dog growls at us when we brush him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! :-) They lurves you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes. The dreaded canine absent-owner punishment. Wicked! Our last episode resulted in massive emergency vet bills for tension-incited colitis, among other things. Count your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:22 AM

    Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete