Wednesday, April 27, 2016

To be fair, it was an ambiguous question.

So yesterday, I was at the office of a new prosthetic outfit to evaluate them as they evaluated me. The doctor is going down a checklist of activities and asking me if I do them or not.

Doctor: "Do you climb ladders?"
Me: "Yes."

Doctor: "Do you do home repairs?"
Me: "Yes."

Doctor: "Do you do lift heavy objects?"
Me: "Yes."

Doctor: "Do you do care for children?"
Me: "Not particularly."

She stopped and gave me one of those raised eyebrow looks, at which point I realized that I had totally misinterpreted the question. Oops.

Still a decent outfit though. Very knowledgeable about the type of legs I'm using and the associated issues. I think that they're going to get my business.

15 comments:

  1. The correct answer being, "Only if they've been properly butterflied and grilled"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting in my doctor's office, wearing a cop uniform.

    Doc: "Do you routinely use guns?"

    Me: "Are you a fucking idiot?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legit LOL'ed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, you DID answer honestly... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you didn't add "especially other people's"

    You've got 2 dogs...what do you need with kids for heavens sake?

    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's OK, I was asked once as a child in what area most women have naturally curly hair. Apparently the CORRECT response was Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tsk! Making the teacher bush?

      Delete
    2. Is the bush under the Freudian slip?

      Delete
  7. I like babies but i could not eat a whole one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't much like kids either, other than my own. Especially in restaurants where they are acting out and the parents let them do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHA!
    Good answer!

    Usually, I don't care for OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN.
    Because they don't behave as I think is appropriate, and i am not empowered to do anything about that!

    One of the reasons I eat in bar & grills (when I can afford to). Many times bars limit access of juveniles!
    :-)
    Having said that - a well-mannered person of any age is a joy!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:36 PM

    Use this the next time,"I like children fried:. W.C. Fields

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heh. Two German Shepherds count as children. Trust me, says the "mother" of two Labradors.

    ReplyDelete