Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Good ole' Murphy...

Salesman just knocked on the door. Dodgy-looking young guy claiming to sell AT&T service door-to-door. And as I opened the door to see what he wanted, Murphy tried to get out past me. I grabbed him with one hand while I tried to keep the door closed enough so that Belle could not pull the same stunt. For about 10-15 seconds, Murphy had his head out the door and he was barking and snapping at this guy in full view of my "non-gentrified" neighbors next door.

I finally got him under control and back in the house, then took less than a minute to decide that I really didn't trust or care for this pest on my porch and send him packing. But the neighbors...they never took their eyes off of Murphy once. Not when he was trying to get out, and not when he ran to the window and roared at the guy through the blinds.

I'm thinking I don't have to worry about these jesters breaking into my place any time soon. They clearly picked up what Murphy was putting down and that dog was serious.

Good dog.

12 comments:

  1. Heh, yep your house just went on the don't try it list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are fake AT&T people out there. One came to my door couple years back babbling about the new fiber they had run into the neighborhood. No fiber had been installed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good dawg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA!
    Good dog, indeed!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deterrence. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have said it before and I'll say it again. That dog has the "Dog" gig down pat. I felt as safe as in my Mothers arms when Murph was here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Dodgy-looking..."

    You just described a good sized portion of the neighborhood/city. So what was it that Murphy sensed that stood out to him? Would be useful if you could figure it out. That, and if he was correct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. The guy was on the porch and dared ring the doorbell.
      2. See #1.

      Delete
  8. Who's a good doggie!!!!! It is impressive when my girls light off and they just want to visit.

    ReplyDelete