Thursday, December 01, 2016

Life among the Social Justice Warriors and Precious Snowflakes.

I've noticed a distinctly cooler attitude recently from some of the folks I have been associating with in a couple of neighborhood bars that I frequent here, and it's coming from both regular customers and staff.

I just found out it's because there is a RUMOR that I voted for Trump.

(Full disclosure: I did. But I made it a point to keep quiet about it there because it's totally SJW and snowflake infested.)

When I asked one of the ones that I heard this from where that came from since I never said a single thing in support of him (in that bar, because I knew better), she said "Well it's kinda obvious. Everyone here was all upset and really scared about it and you were acting like nothing bad happened."

And it's true. For the first few days after the election, it was almost commonplace to walk in there and find at least one person actually CRYING because Donald Trump was going to be the next President. The predictions, courtesy of Facebook and left-wing websites, was that come January, they and all of their friends will see their gay marriages be dissolved, their Obamacare or SSI disability will be taken away, and Mike Pence will personally electrocute every one of them who fails to convert to heterosexuality. Even worse, all of the muslim immigrants will be deported immediately right along with all of the poor illegal aliens while bands of skinheads and hooded klansmen will roam the country, attacking them at will with no fear of consequences because they'll have Trump's blessing.

You and I laugh at all of this crap of course, but a lot of these people here really and truly believe it. Some are just out of their teens of course and this was their first election cycle as "adults" but others here are in their 50's and 60's and should know better.

And because I did not join them in visibly shedding tears, I was added to the watchlist of suspected Trump voters.

And I wasn't alone, either. A couple others here who are much closer to the inner circle of this crowd have been verbally attacked and openly blamed for Trump's election because they admitted to having voted for one of the third-party candidates. This has actually sparked one fistfight that I know of. Admittedly it's great fun watching them eat each other.

Now they're starting to get over the election, but their new hobby horse is the "Standing Rock" gathering of scumbags in North Dakota who are trying to stop an oil pipeline from crossing an indian reservation and despoil indian burial sites even though it's not running through the reservation or near any graves. They are now crying over those "outrages" and raising money to send up there.

My opinions haven't been sought on this issue yet, which is probably good for all involved as my ideal solution involves the use of Forest Service aerial water bombers on the next cold night and beatings and jail for every anarchist hippie up there, preferably in some work camp on our southern border where Sheriff Joe Arpaio will put them to work building President Trump's new wall.

Yeah, probably best that they not ask me about that.

They're a weird bunch here, and few of them have full-time jobs or cars because...well you know--you've got to make smart choices and put some hard work into life if you want to get anything out of it and this neighborhood doesn't have many people here yet who live like that. I wouldn't hang out with them as a matter of choice, but this area isn't exactly known for it's large number of conservative watering holes. Besides, they are fun to watch in their tearfulness so long as I can keep my smug under control.

30 comments:

  1. Hey Murphy;

    The word you are looking for is "Shadenfreude". Savor the sensation, after 8 years of the trainwreck known as Obama, it is nice to be on the other side....for a change

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...so long as I can keep my smug under control."

    Yeah, that's the hard part for me too. Schadenfreude is delicious. Indeed, I would probably have to forgo the watering hole altogether rather than risk a violent confrontation with one of them that would be entirely my fault for egging them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh! Roving bands of Klansmen, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't go all camo on us and dumpster dive for all of the discarded Hillary 2016 t-shirts and wear them in the environs that you frequent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got way too much honor and integrity to ever even pretend to be one of them. I don't advertise my preferences but I won't deny them if asked straight up, either. They just never ask, because in their worldview, everyone supported Hillary except for the sixty million racist rednecks in other parts of the country.

      Delete
    2. Yes! I would no longer wear a Hillary t-shirt as I would a Che'!
      Maybe a Gary Johnson?
      Less offensive?

      gfa

      Delete
  5. I just do not get what they are so afraid of. I have sibling that share their terror, and none of them can or will articulate exactly what the issue is. I WAS told that the KKK does not belong in the white House. I pointed out that was a Democrat institution. Cripes, it is a Presidential Election. The Republic managed to withstand 8 years of an America hating POTUS, this HAS to be better. Heh, just promise you will defend the cute ones when the goon squads show up....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll always look out for the cute ones.

      Delete
    2. Yah, but THEY need to KNOW that , right?

      Delete
    3. Should they ever need protecting, everything else will go out the window.

      Until then, carry on.

      By the way, beautiful dogs!

      Delete
  6. You need to find a cop bar to hang out in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not seeing one of those within walking distance, unfortunately.

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's time to start one. WoFat (follows my blog) was the vice unit commander at NOPD until he retired. He could provide invaluable advice on the subject.

      Delete
    3. LL< put me in touch with him ASAP. I'd love to get a bunch of current/retired cops together and take over one of these SJW bars near here...ideally one of the ones with the cute servers.

      Delete
  7. "my ideal solution involves the use of Forest Service aerial water bombers on the next cold night"
    I bow to thy majestic evil mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing breathing is an automatic thing because there are apparently a lot of snowflakes who are too dumb to do it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The conservative bars are all over on the Westbank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but too far. I can't just walk over there for a quick one and walk back home.

      Delete
  10. Have you considered feeding the fire? You could schedule a "going away" party just before the inauguration. Tell them you will miss them once they have to flee for the hills (or swamps, where ever they imagine they will go) to escape the jack booted thugs that will be on every corner looking to exterminate everybody "else". Even if they don't believe you, it might get them to realize how silly they are acting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They wouldn't get it. I'd just wind up banned.

      Delete
  11. Wait until the snowflakes find out that you have firearms and some of those firearms even have a happy switch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like I'm going to tell them.

      Delete
  12. I feel your pain.
    After I retired I got bored and went back to work. I ended up in an office environment full of young progressives. After they found out I was a retired LEO, they shunned me. I once spent an hour and a half at a company luncheon and nobody said a word to me. (My team leader asked the guy sitting next to me to pass him the salt, which was in front of me.) I worked there for a year and a half and never got invited to have a cup of coffee, and my invitations to my coworkers for coffee or after-work drinks were all ignored. I felt like a medieval excommunicated outlaw.
    I never talked politics; they just assumed.
    And every one of them will tell you how tolerant they are, regardless of race, sexual orientation, etc. And they are, if you happen to think just like they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liberals are the most tolerant and accepting, as long as you group think too.

      Delete
  13. Anonymous4:24 PM

    The tough life of the poor snowflakes

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, so you outed yourself... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tell them you heard a big convoy of Georgians was coming down there with ditch diggers, back hoes, and sacks of quick lime.
    "Doing right ain't got no end."

    ReplyDelete