Saturday, February 25, 2017

Wow...More parades

Sorry for the lack of blogging. In the last week and a half I have watched or participated in SIXTEEN Mardi Gras parades.

This despite having to work every day AND having walking pneumonia/bronchitis and being on a spare leg due to problems with my regular one.

New Orleans...Not for the weak.

Pics today from the Iris and Tucks parades.

Marchers. Lots of marchers.
Bands. Lots of bands.
Elvises (Elvii?) on mini-bikes.
And floats...with lots of stuff being thrown to spectators.
What could be better than a girl on a hammerhead shark bike?
Why a girl on a nutria bike, of course.
The Laissez Boys were here with their motorized recliners.

The local dance troupe Muff-a-lottas were here again.

And I got more stuff--about 20lbs. worth of beads, cups and other trinkets...and that's just from today.
Going to need a storage locker for this stuff before it's over.


Edited to add: I wondered why there was a huge gap in the Tucks parade. Turns out someone got shot...again.

Man shot as New Orleans parade rolls at St. Charles and Napoleon avenues, police say.

News reports indicate that the shot came from inside a portable toilet along the route. Apparently someone was unclear on how to safely "take care of business" while carrying. But it only held the parade up for about fifteen minutes.


And a car plowed into the crowd at Endymion tonight, too.

12 hurt when vehicle plows into Endymion parade crowd in New Orleans


Some people are just too drunk or stupid to have a good time.

11 comments:

  1. My wife is going to be at the Uptown parades tomorrow. If you see her, go hug her neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Pace yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know you're ok. Read about the two mishaps and was hoping you were clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out that one of the people hit and injured is a friend. Fortunately she's going to be ok.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear she'll well.
    Instead of a storage locker - be a one-man parade and recycle the throws on a "personal basis"....
    That's what I'd do....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually am bagging up most of them for future parade opportunities where I'll be riding or walking instead of watching. And to think that when I used to just come visit here, I collected and hoarded the damned things and actually brought a large box back here with me when I moved down! Ugh!

      Delete
  5. Glad you're okay. Stay safe and get some sleep... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead...until then...Bacchus parade rolls at 5:15.

      Delete
    2. Yes, well....Lent starts on Wednesday. You could give up parades during it. That would help the insomnia as well as the pneumonia, I'm betting. (I'm not a doctor, nor have I played one on TV. YMMV)

      Delete
  6. Dude! Eat and rest properly! It actually lets you have a lot of hours to really enjoy stuff without fighting this and that.

    Was just going to text you about the car thing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eventually you will have to build your own float and put the hounds up top to bark at everyone.

    ReplyDelete