Saturday, October 14, 2017

So much for planning and preparation, vacation edition.

So last week's planned vacation trip to Reno got clipped by Hurricane Nate and it was moved to this morning. I managed to reschedule the flight, the car rental, the rooms...everything.

Tuesday I got sick, and Wednesday night I was in the emergency room at midnight with a sinus infection and bronchitis. But I couldn't change the trip again so I had to go. And I was feeling a fair bit better yesterday so I figured it'd be ok. Heck, better sick in Reno than sick at home, right? 

All my meds got me crossed up when it came time to set the alarm last night. I woke up at Five AM when my phone dinged to announce my fight departure from the airport almost twenty miles away...at SIX AM!

What were the odds I was ever going to make that flight?


I'm blogging this from Dallas Fort Worth Airport now, during my layover.  I made the damned flight. 

From a sound sleep in my bed to sitting on a plane at the airport in just over fifty minutes, with the dogs fed on the way out the door. I did it. I'll be buying a few minor items to replace stuff that got left behind in the rush but all of my essential gear made it too. 

Sucks to be the people sitting next to my unshowered self, but Reno, here I come! Let the vacation blogging commence!!

9 comments:

  1. "The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
    Gang aft agley,
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!"

    “To a Mouse, on turning up her nest with a plough”
    Robert Burns, November 1785.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your posts. I suspect you earned your vacation.

    Try to get healthy...Get lots of vitamin B: Bourbon, beer, bloody marys, babes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell, that's the stuff on on vacation FROM! But maybe the local varieties will be change enough. :-)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your time off, and time away from the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda miss the furry bastards already.

      Delete
  4. Hey Murphy;

    You made the flight, and from what I have seen from some of the people flying in the same airplane that I was in, you will blend in. Just make sure that you speak in some foreign language...like French, it is cultural LOL and the dogs won't miss you, they know that they get spoiled by the dog sitter anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy, and get well! Preferably both... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Enjoy your vacation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiss my ass, spam-bot.

    ReplyDelete