Saturday, July 17, 2021

Florida now

So I'm back in the US, but I was almost immediately press-ganged by an animal rescue that I work with to run a small dog from New Orleans to Tallahassee lest it get euthanized because the local shelter is full. So I loaded up me three stooges and this little dog in it's crate and rolled out this morning. I dropped the little guy off, had a late lunch with a friend who lives nearby, and started a long slow roll back along the gulf shore. Sun is setting now and I'm in Parker, Florida, doing some overdue internetting before going to sleep.

On the way, I passed Tyndall AFB and they had what looked like a nice little air park of static display jets just inside their gate but alas, I couldn't get in to see them. I tried to get Merida to jump out of the truck and run past the gate guard so I could chase her to the planes and snap some pics, but she just came out, looked at me, yawned, and jumped back in. Useless mutt. But fortunately I like them.

Nice thing about the camper van tho--I shut down where I want and finish the drive tomorrow at my leisure.

EDITED TO ADD: I write this with three nice dogs lying in the grass under the picnic table I’m sitting at. Of course I let my guard down and the next thing I know I hear something splashing in the water. All three dogs are now belly deep in the ocean frolicking around. So I ran down and dragged them out onto the beach and now I have three wet, sandy dogs in my truck for the night. Jerk dogs.  



8 comments:

  1. And you weren't wet and sandy also??? RIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Murphy;

    Dang you get around, good thing you done.......And is that wet sand I see in the corner? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you 'should' know better after Murphy's swims in the Mississippi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's about the size of an ambulance, no? 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little aggravations of today oft become the precious memories of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking van. Are you doing build ins? Bunk and storage and such?

    ReplyDelete
  7. But you know damn well they loved it! If for nothing else but they were field tripin with daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vans are useful for so many things, hauling wet, sandy dogs is one of those.

    ReplyDelete