Tuesday, January 25, 2022

An update...and where I been.

 As to yesterday's MG sale, the buyer texted me today to let me know that he had gone to the post office this morning, gotten them to give him back the letter with the check to me that he'd mailed the day before (because the Post Office does that all the time, right?) and he was now sending it overnight, arrival for Wednesday. Sent pictures of the check and new Priority envelope and signature requested now. So my guess is that no check really got mailed yesterday, even though he'd said one was. And since he's sending a personal check for some reason (?), you'd better believe that I'm going to hold the gun until it clears my bank.


In other news, I'm just back from two weeks out west, camping with Belle on my new mine property.

Belle does not care to camp when it is in the 20's at night. But she tolerates it now that she has her own sleeping bag.

Yep, sale is final and I now own a fair-sized chunk of desert land and over a dozen miles of underground tunnels, drifts, winzes, raises etc., And Belle and I just spent two weeks on-site surveying our new domain and occasionally going into town to meet the new neighbors.  It's definite now. The Lair is moving westward in the coming months, heading out to the great expanse. But it'll be gradual, and of course there will be pics and tales and more blogging than you've seen here recently.

















All there, and all mine. And much, much more blogging to follow regarding this shift.

24 comments:

  1. Is this a permanent leaving New Orleans or will you be living in both places?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet. Since the pandemic this place has lost a lot of it's luster.

      Delete
  2. If you're happy with it, then we're happy for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news? :-) Enjoy your privacy, you'll have plenty of it! But the commute for beignets and coffee is gonna be hell...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can make coffee. Beignets are tourist food anyway.

      Delete
  4. How long is your schlep to the corner market?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 45 minutes or so. 20 if I really want to get ripped off at the gas station mini mart half way to town.

      Delete
  5. Hey Murphy;

    Just think, you can shoot something without scaring the crap out of the neighbors. Something positive to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know. Already planning my thousand yard range.

      Delete
  6. Way to go, Murph!

    Does it have any buildings on it, or are you going to build?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gotta do it all. Still exploring options now.

      Delete
  7. Wow looks great!! What state?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say I'm not too far from Las Vegas and preserve some of the mystery.

      Delete
    2. Good enough!! I have a house in Phoenix and a house in Page,AZ>

      Delete
  8. Wow! I thought you'd retire in NOLA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too once. Let's just say that I'm no longer much of a fan.

      Delete
  9. As a fellow mine owner in Arizona, living on site, I can relate to your interest and enthusiasm. Living remotely does have some down sides, but all, I hope that you will be happier. It's painful for me to go to the big city these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm tired of the cities and all that goes on. I need this.

      Delete
    2. That makes (at least!) three of us....

      Delete
  10. Really,really cool Murph! Once you get more established there, I'd love to come see you. I miss the pups. Being out west has treated us well. Hope it does the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a good place to ride out the death of civilization... I hope I'm kidding.

    ReplyDelete