Monday, February 22, 2010

The difference between a nice dog and a damn dog.

So it's a relaxing afternoon and I'm lying on the couch in front of the wood stove, reading a book and drinking a cup of coffee. (I'm actually into Jack Higgins' Sean Dillon series currently.)
Lagniappe walks up and looks at me, and when I say "hi" to him, he reaches over and gives me a lick on the cheek.

Awww... such a nice dog.

Then he bends down, sticks his snout into my coffee mug, and takes a lick of that.

DAMN DOG!!!

6 comments:

  1. Poor Lagniappe. Having to steal a cup of joe wherever he can.

    You should totally get him his OWN mug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. Lagniappe on caffeine.. Seems like that might lead to an interesting situation!! Or a heck of a post!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...but he looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three damn dogs, I love them all. Between you and me, I probably would not replace the beverage if it made me have to remove the offending dog from my lap. What's a little saliva between friends? I'm just sayin'.

    Damn good lookin' dog you have there btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the lick 'dog' for 'Oh, may I help myself to a taste of your delicious beverage? Don't mind if I do?' I speak cat better than I speak dog, but I'll bet that's what it meant. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Langiappe was simply trying to distract you from some seriously bad fiction. If you had been reading 'The Savage Day', he might have left you alone :)

    ReplyDelete