Saturday, May 05, 2012

Saturday Man Movie

This saturday's man Movie is the Caine Mutiny (1954), starring Humphrey Bogart as Captain Queeg. I chose it in part because I like Bogey, and in part because Queeg is a dead ringer for a supervisor that I currently work under.

Yep. My boss would be the sort to obsess over a quart of strawberries, too.
Climactic typhoon scene.


And in the end, Queeg comes apart.

Blaming everyone beneath him. yep--I definitely know someone like that. But Bogey was always way cooler.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:30 AM

    He should have won the Oscar for the
    scene where he unravels - and knows it on his face.
    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I know some managers like that too. Thanks to you Man movie from last week I ordered Firebase Gloria. Never saw it before. Watched it last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen the movie, but does somebody ever point out the large difference in density between strawberries and sand invalidates his theory that strawberries went missing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, that's pretty bad... But a fantastic movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put some ball bearings in his drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:21 PM

    A great movie

    ReplyDelete