Sunday, January 04, 2015

Another dogiversary...and another blog.


It's been a year since Maggie, one of Belle's kennel-mates over at the shelter, was adopted by a good friend of mine--an actual rocket scientist who fights fires and drives jeeps in his spare time. Heck of a guy, and when I grow up, I wanna be like him...only without all of the bad puns that he's famous for.

He's blogging too now, so go check him out, follow his blog, and encourage him to blog more. The man's got talent.

Excelling in Mediocrity

As for Maggie and her new family...match made in Heaven.

Many shelter dogs are great dogs, just there through no fault of their own. All they need is a chance, some love and a forever home. If you don't have a dog or two in your house now, why not? There are plenty to choose from.

3 comments:

  1. I went over and said hello and added him to my sidebar. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine. I'm so glad he got that dog, just as I'm so glad we got Abby Normal this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the dogs I've had in the last twenty years were dumped off in the forest and just came to live here. They have been excellent dogs and a real asset to the household. I suppose they found us because we were the first home place they came to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 shelter dogs myself at 3, 2 year and a 2 month old. All lab mutts, the 2 year old was returned to the shelter 3 times because she was to energetic, how do you get a lab puppy and not know they bounce off the walls? All are great dogs and somehow have become soiled rotten.

    ReplyDelete