Saturday, March 21, 2020

Not reaping what you didn’t sow

So now all I’m hearing about here locally is all the people who have been working for cash for years and never reporting it suddenly in a panic because the thousand-dollar checks that the President that they hate is sending out are going to be based on everyone’s 2018 tax returns and so many of them haven’t filed a tax return in years (or ever). Now it’s all “Woe is me, someone help me get this money!” But even a month ago many of them called the rest of us “suckers” for paying into the same system that they now fear that they might not get any money from.

You can’t make this crap up.

In personal news, I’m still employed albeit working from home. That’s my day job, and of course all of my after-hours gigs that I also worked for cash are gone. I lost 24 shows between March and April but I still have the day job so I’m grateful. Groceries are stocked in, mags are loaded and all the optics and weapon lights have fresh batteries. This shit is going to get worse and I’m surrounded by a lot of people who are now starting to panic. Glad I’ve got the dogs here to deter those who might feel tempted.

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear Murph, I don't miss Louisiana at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suggestion. Save the ammo. Those three trained, alert, killer dogs appear to be ready for the zombies. I would stock up on steak sauce.....you know....for the dogs.....to use on the zombies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Murphy;

    Glad you are doing well, but you may would up being an oasis in the wasteland. Stupid people will do stupider things. You going to make it to foolzcon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My be,t the way these money drops work, they'll likely get more because their income is so low and the Dems will demand that the core constituents don't get left out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, 's**t' is about to get real down there and a LOT of other places.

    ReplyDelete