Sunday, January 30, 2022

Travels with Belle


 Since I'd never taken Belle on a solo trip before, I took her this time so we could have some time together. Also, Murphy's too old to travel like this any more, so I left him behind and left Merida to keep him company.

Belle travels well. She always has. She sleeps and it's easy to forget she's even along. But when we got out there, she got her share of hiking and exploring in.









She was in her K-9 glory.

At night though, it was another story. It got cold, down into the 20's some nights, and Miss Priss wasn't down with that at all. So like the softie I am, I bought a new sleeping bag and gave Belle my old one, and she slept snuggled up in it every night, usually refusing to come out in the morning until the sun rose and warmed the interior of the truck up.









And if that wasn't the goofiest, twice she got up to get water during the nights, and when she realized that she couldn't get back in the bag by herself, she woke me up and I had to get out of my nice warm bag to tuck her back in again.

Spoiled? She sure is. But then she's my girl and she deserves to be spoiled.

8 comments:

  1. What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desert Dog?

    Her love make up for the fact that she's a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, she's GOT your number... And you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't want much from us, but when they do.....it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just can't love old dogs enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you also get your princess a pup tent? (Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself)
    She's a treasure, for sure. Thanks for the nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great pair! She's a great dog, and keeps you out of trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're back. I was wondering if you had abandoned this blog. Can't wait to hear about all the new desert adventures. And Belle is just the best dog ever and looks beyond cute all snuggled in her bag.

    ReplyDelete