Thursday, February 08, 2007

Random musings on random idiots

Is there anything more annoying or stressful than being late for an appointment and winding up on a two-lane road about five or six cars behind some stroke patient who insists on driving 40-45 mph in a clearly posted 55 mph zone in perfect weather? And you look past the guy and there's not a car in sight clear to the horizon, yet after a couple of miles, there's a long line stacked up behind that car. But he/she just keeps puttering on, totally oblivious.

Yeah actually there is something worse. It's when that certified retard finally goes to turn off and you pass them and see that it's not my grandmother driving but some young fat chick blithely gabbing away on her cell phone.

It really needs to be legal to sideswipe someone's car for that.


And then it's time to stop at the 7-11 for coffee. Only there's some Carhart-wearing jackass filling a thermos up. He's obviously got a cold because he's coughing constantly. But I notice that he's not ever trying to cover his mouth. He's just coughing directly on the coffee pots, the cups and the lids. So when he's done, I pick the pot least likely to have been contaminated, and I do this by casually asking another guy at the coffee counter if there's anything that the guy didn't cough on. Of course I may have said this a bit loud, because the cougher looked over at me from where he was standing in line and asked me what I'd just said. I told him rather nicely that he really needed to cover his mouth when he coughed, especially around the open coffee. He looked at me like I had three eyes or something and asked me if I had a problem. Now I'm standing here on my crutches since I'm having some leg issues this week, so I tell him that yes I do. I tell him that I already lost a foot due to someone being careless and I really don't need a cold because someone else can't cover their mouth. It saddens me that anyone over six years of age actually needs to be told this.
He didn't take it any further, which is probably good for both of us. I'm not having a very good week but I still got enough to put my remaining foot in this guy's ass. I hope that the next time he's in a hurry, he gets stuck behind some fat chick yapping on her cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment