Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Got hosed on the Law and Order gig.

Sadly this did not work out as planned.

Monday came and went without a call, so obviously they'd chosen other people for the spot. Ah well...

However last night at about 6:30PM, they call me up and tell me that one of the people that they had chosen in lieu of me had canceled and could I possibly be in New York City by 8AM this morning?

Now my plan had been to drive up early Tuesday and enjoy an afternoon and evening in NYC before doing this on Wednesday. That mini-outing would have justified the 600 mile round-trip drive. But the idea of starting out at dusk and driving through the night just to be there first thing in the morning wasn't nearly as attractive, especially with weather forecasts calling for heavy rain in NYC all day today and tonight. effectively denying me any ability to enjoy the city after filming, so reluctantly I had to decline. Pity, because Tuesday night was beautiful with temps in the high 70's and it would have been a great evening to wander around Manhattan. As one of the relatively few people allowed to carry a handgun in New York City, I actually enjoy strolling in Central Park after dark. And I've yet to tire of the Broadway lights. It's nice to be able to sit on a bench and read a book by the light of all the advertising signs. Plus Lagniappe's never been there and I think that he'd have liked it.

Now if they'd called me when they'd initially said that they would and given me enough time, this could have been lots of fun. And of course I'm sure that once they saw me, there would have been a new Law and Order spin-off of the show in the works undoubtedly featuring me as the no-nonsense, dashingly-handsome BKA cop who solves crimes while saying things like: "Time to put on my ass-kicking foot."

So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment