Sunday, July 15, 2007

RIP Jim Cirillo

A real American hero died last Thursday.

Jim Cirillo, a world-renowned firearms instructor and former member of the vaunted New York City Police Department Stakeout Squad died in an auto accident when his car was struck by a tractor trailer rig.

story

During his time with NYPD, Jim was involved in no less than SEVENTEEN gunfights with armed felons. To die in an auto accident after surviving all of that is just...

Sadly, I can relate, as a similar situation took me out of active law enforcement, at least temporarily. But Jim was the kind of cop that I'd always wanted to be like. He was truly a legend in law enforcement and professional shooting circles. And I'm sorry that I never took the time to take one of his training courses when I had the chance.

RIP Jim. You won't be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment