Sunday, March 16, 2008

Gave blood yesterday

And I feel pretty good about it. It was painless and took less than half an hour from the time that I walked in the door until they were giving me some pretty tasty cookies.
And next time, now that I'll have a donor card, I'll be able to skip a lot of the history questions and it'll be even quicker.

Kudos to the American Red Cross for coming out to do this, and also to the 35 other people who took time out of their day to give blood that might well save a life. I plan to give more at subsequent drives and maybe someday I can catch up with a good friend--a police officer in PA--who has already given over 5 GALLONS of blood.

If he can do it, I can do it. And if I can do it, so can you. Consider giving blood at the next Red Cross blood drive location. And in case you don't know where that is, I'm permanently adding a Red Cross blood collection point locator to the site.

1 comment:

  1. I'm at 42 pints right now, and I say "Well Done!" Some quick math tells me that's 5 gal and 2 pints. I don't usually keep track - I do it because it's the right thing to do - so I kind of amazed myself with that number.

    Although I have to admit that some of my pints were from Apheresis, where they skim off the platlets and put the rest back in. But you have a needle in each arm and you're in the chair for 2 hours, so I don't feel like those are "cheap pints".

    ReplyDelete