Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Aaaarrrggghh!!!

So it's getting chilly around here. And to cut down on drafts and keep the heat from my fireplace and wood stove inside, I sealed up a few leaky windows with that shrink-plastic sheeting from the home-improvement store. The biggest one that I had to seal was the big picture window in my office--the one that I watch the deer through. I got a large sheet of the plastic and cut it to size, then I cleaned the frame and applied the two-sided tape, after which I carefully attached the plastic, doing it so well that it was smooth and tight and perfectly straight--and owing to the size of the window, this took some doing.

Then I heated the plastic with a hair dryer and it shrunk and every last wrinkle disappeared. A PERFECT job that took me a little over half an hour to do. It looked really good...almost professional.

I was still admiring it when Lagniappe ran in to bark at a cat in the yard on the other side of the window and busted right through it.

12 comments:

  1. Awww..look at that face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Lagniappe is Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you didn't videotape it, you could have sold it as performance art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a face!
    Such a pretty boy, he didn't mean to ruin your hard work, but those cats needed barking at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sad! I mean his pouty face!

    You big meany!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lagniappe is like "Dude you got to be kidding...Right?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh, I've sold him before. It's not like he doesn't know how to get back here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, and just think, now you're safe from Anthrax attacks too! Another DIY tip from the Department of Homeland Security. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA! That was too cute! I'll trade you; I've got a beagle...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was his only way of communicating the excellence of your work. He wanted to demonstrate the total cloak of invisibility you created. I think he achieved his goal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Awww, poor little Lagniappe:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:45 PM

    OMG that is a PRICELESS pic!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! How much for the dog???

    ReplyDelete