Monday, October 06, 2008

So how do we define "nature"?

Now as you know, I feed the deer in my yard.

This brings about a conflux of squirrels, who feast on the deer feed.

This causes my neighbor's numerous cats to come hang out all day, every day in my yard beneath the trees that the squirrels live in, trying to catch said squirrels every time they come down for some feed.

I mentioned the fact that my yard now looks like some sort of Strategic Cat Reserve to that neighbor the other day, and she replied: "Well that's just nature".

OK, I guess that's true, but how come it's not "just nature" when Lagniappe the German Shepherd gets loose and rockets into her yard to chase all of those cats? Because I sure hear about it whenever that happens...

4 comments:

  1. UM, I'm going to state the obvious here and say you need to remind them that "It's just nature."
    Yeah, you also need to let them know that cats who are kept indoors are healthier than cats who are outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....I guess you will have to use that line right back at her when he does go into her yard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why our cats are inside cats. They annoy the living hell out of us. I'd hate to subject the whole neighborhood to their overbearing, demanding asses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:09 PM

    Nothing against cats... I had a few in my life. But there are a few cat lovers out there that don't get it.. laughs.... no offense to my cat loving rightwingers.

    ReplyDelete