Saturday, November 19, 2011

Blog Shoot!

The previous story is rather fortuitous as I've been working on the idea for a local blog shoot for some time with a few other gun blogger stalwarts--Old NFO, Keads and Proud Hillbilly to name three--and I just cinched exclusive use of a pretty decent new range in, of all places, Berkley County, WV on Saturday, Dec. 3rd. So if you're a local gunny or even one who lives a ways a way and feels like a road trip, here's your chance to come join with some other great gun folks and get some shooting in, hopefully followed by some decent eating, drinking and socializing.

Exact times are still being worked out, but the range will be open for use by all with handguns, rifles and shotguns, to include some five-stand shotgun shooting for those interested. Right now, I'm putting together a rough count of those expected to attend, so if you're interested, please shoot Murphy and me an e-mail at martinihenrywv@gmail.com. I can't promise that Murphy'll be there, but I will be, and so far, the above-mentioned celebrity bloggers are expected as well.

Let me know how many you'll be bringing and what type of firearms that you're planning to shoot. Anything but full-auto is ok. (Drat! No M60!) When I get your e-mail, I'll send you all of the info about the shoot, including directions, as they become finalized. Some ammo will be available for purchase at the range but your own is also welcome. And yes, WV is concealed-carry friendly but check to ensure that your own state has reciprocity before coming down.

If you're a reader of this blog or those above and a shooter, you're definitely welcome to come.

Donations will be accepted to cover the range fees, and anything collected in excess will be donated to Wounded Warriors.

14 comments:

  1. Dang it! I'm on call that weekend, so can't go that far...

    If you ever do one towards central VA count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Can't wait to see pics! Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure sound's like it'll be an adventure, time, distance and commitment's are not in my favor. I'll shoot you an e-mail to see if there's anything I can send your way for the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could be there! Kx59 and I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking it up with the Kommandant this week. I'll get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fun. I'll shoot you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I didn't have to work:(


    Oh Well will try again and a blogshoot is a good idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As it stands right now, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a minimum age for the range? Our "local" range says you have to be 7, and I've got a six-year-old who really wants to shoot at a real range.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, range rules say "must be accompanied by adult." So if you're there and supervising, I suspect it'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Kommandant has decreed: Henceforth from this moment until the passage of the holiday referred to as "Christmas", all time not spent in the pursuit of shopping, carrying shopping bags, and driving the Kommandant to the mall must be spent in the accomplishment of chores; including, but not limited to: lawn mowing, raking leaves, cleaning windows, scrubbing bathrooms, splitting wood, grooming the dog (no, that's not a euphemism), sweeping and/or mopping floors and general cleanliness to include personal hygeine.

    Sorry. I got the weekend of the tenth to drag her down to Richmond for the company Christmas party. She's wrapped up the other two weekends between the holidays quite nicely.
    I married her for her efficiency, and her cute butt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gonna try to make it, ifn that's ok...

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ NJT: It's more than ok. Looking forward to meeting you finally.

    ReplyDelete