Friday, April 06, 2012

Aw, NUTS!

So I come home from work and find my living room resembling one of those Texas bars where all the goobers eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor. It seems that while I was gone, Murphy went exploring and found a three-pound bag of peanuts that I had not even opened yet. He dragged this wonderful find back to his favorite rug by the window then proceeded to tear open the bag and eat almost all of them, leaving most of the shells scattered all over the floor. It literally looked like the aftermath of an airstrike on a peanut vendor's truck in here when I opened the door.

Of course, karma turned up in the form of an avenging shop-vac and chased him all around the lair for a bit until he was practically begging to just go hide outside in his pen. Murphy may like peanuts but he hates/fears that vacuum cleaner like nothing else that I know of. That'll teach him!

Or not. Sigh....

11 comments:

  1. Every time I start thinking I might want a dog, I read one of your posts & it goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he just wanted to go out to the opening day of baseball...Go Rangers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that the weather is nice, maybe you should leave him outside for the day. Though it sounds like you are actually enjoying these misadventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:46 PM

    Is he part squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Part squirrel or has a bit of Jack Russell Terrorist in him..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naw, he's just a bored dog because I've been working so many extra days, leaving him home all alone too much. But the remedy's coming soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!!!

    Kira actually loves the vacuum cleaner and will bark at it, pounce on it, and chase it. I have to literally kennel her or the neighbors complain about all her barking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our beagle used to attack the vacuum, too -- she was protecting me.

    Bouie is a big peanut fan, too, but he's very polite and waits to be invited to join in. So far as we know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least it was peanuts (technically not really nuts) rather than tree nuts which are poisonous to dogs.

    Had a cat that was afraid of vacuum cleaners. It was not wise to taunt her with it or block her path of escape, because she would get so afraid that she would pee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what happens when I eat too many peanuts. Poor Murphy. Hope that didn't happen to him... Or else he suffered more that just from the shop vac..

    ReplyDelete