Monday, April 27, 2015

Shoulda got a hamster, x2

So this morning, I'm sitting in my chair watching Edward G. Robinson and James Cagney in Smart Money. I got coffee, I got Hollywood's greats on the screen...what could mess up this morning.

Cue Murphy and Belle.

Murphy comes up to me with a tennis ball in his mouth, wanting me to grab it and throw it. But I'm trying to watch the movie so I tell him to buzz off. By way of restating his desire, he drops his tennis ball into my lap, and it rolls across my legs and drops off on the other side...right into my coffee cup. Direct hit.

Dammit!

Movie paused, coffee spill cleaned up, mug refilled. Effing dog.

A few minutes later, Belle comes up ad wants some petting. Well I don't want to pet--I want to watch this movie. My coffee has just cooled enough that I can have a sip, but when I lift it to my mouth for a drink. Belle puts her muzzle under my arm and nudges it upward, dumping about half of the cup into my lap.

Dammit, dammit, dammit!!

Movie paused again, coffee spill cleaned up again, clothes changed, and I'm taking these two to the dog park to run off some energy before I even try to see how the movie ends.
"You can play with us, or we'll just play with you."

7 comments:

  1. After 1 inning of play, score is Dogs 3, Murphy 0. Looks like it's going to be a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG day for Murphy, Folks. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messing with your coffee? That is serious, right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Vito likes to do that with me too... And as soon as I turn away, Jace is trying to grab the coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least they're not trying to drink the coffee! The late Scooter (RIP, buddy) somehow developed a taste for the stuff, to the point where you couldn't leave your cup unattended for even a second lest he start helping himself to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appease your masters first, then enjoy the movie.

    That is the only way it will work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need a coffee travel mug that has the screw-top lid. Guaranteed puppy and spill proof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Just look at those innocent faces, they would never be bad.

    ReplyDelete