Tuesday, November 03, 2015

A Visit to the Doctor, gunnie style.

Sorry for the lack of posts...been a bit under the weather this past week-end. Pretty much just slept, got up to try to eat something, then went back to sleep. Now I know what it must be like to be a dog. And I say this because they were beside me the entire time, far as I know.

But I'm better today, and up and about. And for unrelated reasons, I had to go to the doctor's office this morning. I wandered in, got called into the back by the nurse.

"Up on the scale, fat boy", she said. Well ok, maybe she didn't say it like that, but only because she's tactful.

"You can empty your pockets over on that tray to get your true weight," she directed.

So I did. And she broke out laughing. "Oh, God," she said. "I love West Virginia".

The contents of said pockets:

What's in your pockets?

9 comments:

  1. Nice set up! Glad she appeciated your stash. Similar to mine, except minus one revolver, change to a dumbphone from 2006, add a chapstick (and a PM ounce coin if I'm in jeans -- why waste a coin pocket)? My MD office only has me set my purse down. Guess they think gals don't keep much in their pockets-- and they have the GFZ sign up. Makes me glad I carry. I'd change but no other good MD in this small burg and the big city is a couple hours away. EDC improved when tunic-style tops came back into vogue. Now instead of looking sooo 1997, I look sooo 2014! Such a fashion babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my pockets, too, with minor exceptions. I'm glad your nurse was the understanding type. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of my docs have the GFZ signs up. Hate it, but I love my docs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You come fully accessorized, it appears. I think my doc's nurses might hiccup at my pockets, but he's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Hub pens...my all-time faves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danny, one of my neighbors, stopped us on our daily walk. We chatted a bit. He informed me that I had done "Day Light Savings Time" wrong. Not only were we supposed to turn our clocks back sixty minutes, we are also supposed to turn back our scales sixty pounds.

    I never knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better, and you've got me by one... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:42 PM

    I am glad to hear you are getting better

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving my Perfomance Center M&P, and am grabbing a Shield to carry as soon as a good sale comes up. Smith n Wesson produced a long line of dubious autopistols starting back in the Sixties and finally got it right . M and Pees rock.

    ReplyDelete