Monday, June 20, 2016

A Saturday treat

So Saturday, early in the afternoon, I'm roused from blissful slumber by a text from The Displaced Louisiana Guy asking my if I'd like to join him and his brother for lunch at Mothers Restaurant, a real New Orleans institution that I haven't been to yet.

My first thought was that they were down here for Saturday's scheduled parade, but they claim that they were really here to see the World War Two museum...not that there's anything wrong with that. ;-)

Traffic and parking being what they were, both because of the damned parade and because it's New Orleans, I just hopped on my bike and made the two-mile ride in little time. and I only had to kick two cars on the way for incursions into my right-of-way.

I got there and met them both outside, and then we stood in line to wait to get inside to stand in another line to order the food, in this case, three "Ferdi Special" po'boy sandwiches, which were messy but well worth the ride. Of course even without the food, the company made the day. It was a nice hour or so with two great guys and a welcome break from the housecleaning that I was just getting ready to start. And a bonus--no one stole my bike while we were eating. (It happens so often around here that you learn to be grateful every time you come back and actually find your bike where you locked it.)

Thanks for coming down guys, and thanks for the invite. I hope you enjoyed the museum. (And the parade if you stuck around for it. Hey, I'm not judging or anything...)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time in a great place with great friends!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mae's gumbo is good too! :-) And yes, the Ferdi is messy!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figures you'd know the place. ;-)

      Delete
  3. We had a great time. Thanks for joining us for lunch! And as I said when we were leaving, if you didn't make a joke at my expense concerning Pride, you would have missed a hell of an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far be it from me to pass on that golden opportunity. And I'd have expected nothing less had it been me visiting you in Baton Rouge during such an event. Come on back soon. (But if you come back on another Pride day, I will have to publicly speculate about the pattern.) ;-)

      Delete
  4. I had a great time at the museum. I thoroughly enjoyed lunch,and the great company. I wish I was able to meet the pups though. Maby next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely next time. You guys need to stop by the Lair here and see the dogs and get some of this brass out of here.

      Delete
  5. The only time I've had a problem with somebody crowding me on my bike I reached out and knocked on the guy's passenger side window. That was enough that he gave me a wide berth from then on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo... Did you use the .357 or the 1911??? :-)

      Delete