Monday, July 25, 2016

Reset to zero

Days without a Belle-break...

Dogs were out in the back yard. I noticed it was pouring down rain. I opened the door and Murphy was on the covered side porch, dry as a bone. I called Belle. No answer Called again. Nothing. Pulled Murphy in and went to the front door. Out on the front porch, I shouted her name again. And here she came, trotting up happy as a clam and twice as muddy. It took me a few minutes to figure out where she'd tunneled out underneath some stuff stacked up against the side of the house. If not for the fresh mud and paw-marks in it, I'd have likely not found it.

"Little Big X" strikes again.





"Don't I at least get a catcher's mitt and ball on my way back to the cooler?"

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 PM

    The escape artist strikes again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Belle isn't court marshaled, shot, and sent to the Russian Front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love The Great Escape reference!

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo... The tradition continues... :-)

    ReplyDelete