Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I was gonna post...

I was gonna post about my mom and the dogs this morning after my run and before work, but you know how it goes with plans...

There I was, minding my own business, not bothering anyone, and running along all nice and peaceful, in my groove and feeling fine. Get to a particular intersection and see a car stopped at the stop sign for cross traffic. I do not have a stop sign so I continue on. And just as I enter the intersection, the car's driver, not paying attention, hits the gas and proceeds forward. WHAM! Not a bad hit, but enough to send me sprawling onto the street.

Ten years ago, I'd have gotten up, shook it off, and finished my run. But I'm less indestructable these days, and since I'm running in accordance with my job's fitness plan and technically on the clock, I wait for the ambulance and head off to the hospital to get checked out.

And typical of New Orleans, before the ambulance gets there, a panhandler shows up to ask everyone for money--the witnesses, the at-fault driver, and even me.

But I'm all checked out and home. A few cuts and bruises but still operational. Heck, it was just a Nissan, and as many of us know, I've been hit harder by bigger, faster stuff.

And to make it worse, I got home to find out that the dogs ate all my hard candy from my office! It's almost like they had a premonition that I wasn't coming back or something...or maybe it's just because I was going to feed them after the run like normal and I didn't get back to do it. Still, it was my candy. Damned thieves.

But on the plus side, I got the day off from work, so there's that.

Hope you're all having a better day.

19 comments:

  1. At least you didn't lose any parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer!

    Glad to hear you're OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap. Was the driver on their cell phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was not. I could see this clearly as I was bouncing off of the windshield.

      Delete
  4. Jesus, dude. Glad you're alright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geeeze. Glad you are more or less OK...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How dare you run where they were driving! Entitled pedestrians, I swear! Glad to hear you are ok, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. either get one of those screaming green safety vests, or a white cane..
    And put a call into Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer, a Personal Injury Lawyer...you might be able to retire soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Murphy;

    Goad you are OK, and you are right, it is a Nissan, car made out of pot metal and a squirrel can damage one.
    As far as the dogs goes..well they ARE attuned to you so when you are distracted...or run over...they know that they have time for mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto on all the comments above. All of your loyal readers would prefer to keep you around. How else would we hear the great stories on your lovable, cute, obedient puppies??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take your time and try too mend properly. We don't fix like when we were young nor parts are available for the repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like after this you've got enough experience to add crash test dummy to your resume.
    Glad to hear you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:09 AM

    I am glad to hear you are ok.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you, your mom and the dogs

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's a lot of STOOPID out there this time of year. Keep your head on a swivel and don't assume the other guy has a clue.
    But....
    Glad you're mostly OK. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. I've heard that an extra helping of Turkey is exceptionally healing. (If only because it encourages an after meal nap)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are ok, and not seriously damaged.

    The above commenetor was right, see about some damage money. If nothing else, put it aside to make money for retirement. Trust m, money doesn't go far in retirement as you think it will.

    If dude has insurance, get all you can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well damn... You just can't win one, can ya! The best I can offer is a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should re-post the funny stories of Murphy taking your mom's freshly baked pies. Murphy shenanigans always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete