Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Still here.

Yep, I'm still here. And so are the furry minions.

Just been busy lately, between my real job and my after-hours gigs. But still here and mostly happy.

Mostly I say, due to my "loyal" K-9 companions who got me again yesterday.

I went out for a nice run, and all during the run I dreamed of coming home to toast an english muffin and spread peanut butter on it. I was envisioning the peanut butter melting into the hot nooks and crannies of the muffin and savoring the taste as I got home and put the muffins in the toaster. But where's the peanut butter? It's not in the cupboard. It's not on the counter, where I recall leaving it the day before...

Leaving it. On the counter...

I found the remains of the plastic jar on the dog beds in the living room just as the muffins popped out of the toaster. Freaking thieves.

12 comments:

  1. Heh. It's what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so innocent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fault for leaving temptation available

    ReplyDelete
  4. What, you didn't mean to share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Murphy;

    Glad that you and the peanut butter munching hounds are in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what happens when you don't post. Someone will sneak into your house and give the dogs your peanut butter jar. Serves you right, for leaving us hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, you damn well know Murphy is a counter surfer... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally!
    I just spent the last 2 minutes laughing at the peanut butter incident. Did Murphy's snout get stuck in the jar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish. Would have served him right.

      Delete
  9. Can't blame the dogs for using what dad left out. I live in fear that one day I'll leave out a box of matches, and the ferrets will burn the shop down.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel ya. When we were keeping the Son's pup during his deployment she taught our girls how to snatch things off the counter. It was little more than a hassle until they got my husband's prescription gout meds and cracked open the bottle. I didn't know how many pills there had been in the bottle, but had to assume they had ingested some. Did you know that feeding dogs peroxide will make them vomit so you can inspect the contents of their stomachs? Yeah -- that was a fun afternoon.

    ReplyDelete