Saturday, July 14, 2018

Oh, BULL!

So this morning, I was up at the crack of stupid to meet up with a couple thousand people down by the Convention Center for the annual Running of the Bulls, New Orleans-style. This is my second year.
This is kinda like the Festival of San Fermin in Spain, only instead of actual bulls--which are cost prohibitive and messy--they use roller derby girls with bats.

The object of the event is to run/walk the course through downtown New Orleans while the roller girls dash in and out of the crowd and take shots at as many backsides as they can.

And in case you were wondering, some of these gals can really hit. I'm here to tell the world.

You can run, but you cannot hide.

Of course some you don't try too hard to get away from.

And just when you think you're safe at the end, there's a gauntlet you have to run where most of the gals, being faster than the runners, are now waiting.

Even Elvis got his.

And there was a mariachi band...with drinks. Because New Orleans. (Gotta stay hydrated, right?)
And a good time was had by all.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need another ice pack. I'm kinda sore for some reason.

And here's the pics and commentary from last year. Clearly I did not learn a thing.

6 comments:

  1. lol...now that looks like a first class good time and excuse to participate and be a big goof...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you live life to get the most you can from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Murphy;

    I am sure that you tried really hard not to get wacked by the roller derby girls.......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hydrate... LOL... Okaaayyyy... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The object, I believe, was to AVOID getting spanked by the roller-derby girls, not to INVITE them to do it.
    Sheesh, these kids today have to have EVERYTHING explained to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depraved! Decadent! My wife would never let me do that....:-(

    ReplyDelete