Sunday, November 24, 2019

I went to law school for this.

So lone of the reasons that my posting is scant is that I work other jobs beside my primary one now. I mean, ya gotta have a side hustle if you're going to get anywhere, right? And my side job involves working at a local bar during live shows, either back stage or on the door. So last night, I was working the door for a small burlesque show. About half way through the show four attendees got up and walked out. One of them approached me and I asked if everything was all right. She stated that they were leaving because the promo material for the show “was not accurate” and they felt that our burlesque show was not what they had expected. (Seriously, what did they expect besides girls on stage goofing around mostly undressed?) The rest of the little group leaving was still nice and polite while walking away but this woman turned and came back to me and in her best "I wanna speak to the manager" voice said that she wanted all of their money back. I told her that I was really sorry that they didn’t care for our show but that we didn’t do refunds. She stated “that has to be written somewhere. Where is that written?
So I took my sharpie pen and scrawled “NO REFUNDS” on a piece of scrap paper in front of her. “It’s right here,” I said, holding up the paper.

Sometimes these jobs are more fun than average.

11 comments:

  1. I think that it's about time that you give us an update on Merida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, what exactly did she expect to see at a burlesque show? It's almost like, for some strange reason, the very concept of burlesque describes what one will see at a burlesque show.

    But then again, there's always some yahoo that will complain for no other reason than to hear their own voice complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I GOTTA remember that one, Murph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in Jr. High I learned a song - to the tune of the Dwarf song in Snow White.

    Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
    We're off to the burlesque show,
    We'll sit up front and see some $&#@
    Hi Ho! Hi Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LL:
    The second verse I learned went something like:

    Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
    We're off to the burlesque show
    We'll sit in back and see some crack
    Hi Ho! Hi Ho!

    At least in the '50s....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Murphy;

    Wow a "Karen", LOL You gotta admit, the job has unintended perks

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, and you ENJOYED doing that!

    ReplyDelete