Pity that all of our criminals aren't this "smart".
A Delaware County man who ingested a "white chalk substance" after officers approached his parked car has died of apparent cocaine poisoning, police said.
Police were passing by the car in the area of 20th and Madison Streets in Chester just after noon Thursday when they observed "suspicious activity." The 41-year-old unidentified man locked the car doors and began to eat the substance, thought to be cocaine, and drink "gulps" of water. The man, from Chester, unlocked the doors after he had finished eating the substance.
But at least he beat that possession charge!