Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Simple pleasures, sad dog.

Murphy got to go for a car ride this morning. He was so excited. He loves car rides and couldn't have been happier. He practically pulled me to the car, then danced and capered until I opened the door for him to jump in. All the way down the road, he pranced around the back seat, going from window to window. He was so happy...until we got to the vet's office. He just got a scheduled tune-up but now he's miffed."That football ain't gonna make it right. You tricked me."

7 comments:

  1. That look ... I've seen it before. Fortunately, dogs are more forgiving than we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the visiting vet this time for my old grumpy cat who hates car rides. It was better for her, (I think) but I swear, all day, she knew something was up. The vet was very patient while we dragged her out from under the dresser, twice. If the vet is seeing someone else in the neighborhood, he will cut you (and them) on the house call fee.

    Small world - this is the same vet I used when I lived in Takoma Park over 10 years ago. I lost track of him and recently found him again up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:16 PM

    I do not like trips to the doctor either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah.. Ruger gets excited going to the vet... right up until the vet grabs a thermometer and lifts his tail...

    Dann in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of my dogs love the vet. My boston terrier LOVES the vet, in a not plutonic way. He has to cover her adoring eyes when talking to me about anything serious. The dog is a train wreck, it's almost always something serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, that LOOK... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Murphy. It's Ok pal, it's all over now. Until the next time.

    ReplyDelete