Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Movie night: Skyfall

OK, this time I got in to see the latest James Bond film.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I liked it or not, yet.

One thing I didn't like: Seeing all those signs at the theater door saying "No Firearms Allowed".

Didn't that theater in Aurora, Colorado have pretty much the same sort of signage? Why, I think that they did. Fat lot of good that did.

Fortunately, I think that there is a common-law exception for people who specifically carry one of these to a Bond movie:
My name's Law. Murphy's Law.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's against the law to carry a firearm past one of those signs up here, too. Most still do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 AM

    Now that looks like a .380.
    Should have been a pre-war .32 !

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guinness, shaken not stirred?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...it's got a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window." Still, I think I'd rather have the g18 over the PPK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Armed: In this movie, the PPK he was issued was "9mm short", or .380, so it looks like since I haven't been able to find a decently-priced pre-war .32, they decided to model this new Bond after me. I had mine first.

    I have to admit though, much as the PPK is the "Bond gun", it looks out of place when everyone else in all the gunfights has full-size Glocks and H&Ks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, why am I NOT surprised you had that one on you... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, don't you get it? The PPK is the most awesome pistol EVAR! I watched James Bond take out bad guys, helicopters, etc. from over 50 yards away with one of those!

    ReplyDelete