Sunday, August 29, 2021

Greetings from Ground zero: New Orleans

 16 years to the day, on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, we now have Hurricane Ida getting ready to come ashore tomorrow as a projected Category 4 hurricane. 

Most of my friends have left, but a lot haven't.  I'm staying for them, and because I could not get away with all of my animals, weapons and ammunition. I won't leave the critters or the guns to the looters. So as of this writing, I have four dogs (my three and a friend's dog) three cats and six chickens in the house, the cats and chickens being crated in one room together. Defense is an FN-FAL, an Uzi and a suppressed AR locked and loaded and a Glock on my hip. I've got food and water for a month and my camper van has a full tank and several reserve jugs of fuel set aside. When the power goes out I move into it and use it's air conditioning. It's a diesel so it can idle forever and run the air and charging ports for the electronics. And we're expecting 2-3 weeks before the power is restored. Great fun, eh?


I'm as ready as I'm going to get and I'm tired. Bring it on and let's get this over with.

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck. Best wishes to you and your animal friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the heavenly family watch over you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe, keep reporting as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete