Friday, October 20, 2006

Rounding out the commando

So Liz has also volunteered to join my somewhat-late-but-otherwise-can't-fail effort to push the British out of the Free States. (I still cannot find the Free States on any modern map, but that's just a minor technical problem that I'm sure we can sort out when we get there.


Liz says that she can ride horses. That's true and it's sure to come in handy, because neither Aaron, I, The Spud or Lagniappe can. (I can pick one out of a picture of barnyard animals almost every time though.) And horses make all the difference when it comes to outrunning and outflanking the British infantry with their oxen-drawn wagons. So Liz will now be my Colonel in charge of horses. Liz, I don't know if Mark will let you take Moe, however.






Liz also reminded me that she can shoot. This also is true. I remember watching her outshoot three rather crestfallen Alaskan rednecks one day, even using one of their guns to do it. And these days she's s Sig pistol fan, and I'm sure that if those were available back in the day, the Boers would have approved.

Liz also tells me that she's brought a new official flag for the expedition.


Hmmmm... we're going to have to talk about that one, Liz.


But the expedition to save South African independence is underway! I have e-mailed General Botha to let him know that we are coming, but they must be having problems with their servers in Pretoria because it keeps bouncing back.

In the meantime, there's still a short window left for volunteers. Just send pics to show that you've got guns and/or horses and I'll add you to the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment