Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chili, chili, chili...

Oh man... I just finished a big bowl of what had to have been some of the best chili I've ever had.
Now to be good, chili has to be hearty, flavorful, and HOT. And I don't mean "throw in tobasco until it scorches your tongue on the first bite" hot...it's got to be the kind of heat that starts out as flavor and builds and builds as you eat.
And that's what I managed to create tonight. Using just the right blend of 93% lean beef, spiced diced tomatoes, crushed red peppers, onions, jalapenos, and other herbs and spices, I managed to hit Chili nirvana. I'd made enough for several meals but I just couldn't stop eating it because it was sooo good... most of it's gone now. And my sinuses are clear, my tongue is swollen but happy, (especially because it took four beers to cool it off again) and my shirt and hair are literally wringing wet from sweat...it was that hot. And that good.

If I ever get me another chick moving in here, she'll get to do most of the cooking (as a chick should) but every now and again, I will make the chili.

Oh, wow.

And Lagniappe couldn't quit, either. Here he is, cleaning the pan. He'd take a few licks, step back and shake his head with his tongue out, then dive right back in for a few more licks.
That ought to take care of those pesky fleas for a while, eh boy?

4 comments:

  1. Because you're obviously a good guy, I'll share my own secret chili ingredient: one cup of black olives, sliced in half. Some will call this blasphemy, but I ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick, huh? They should do all the cooking? I was trying to teach you how to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Liz, I still eat that Special K with strawberries...AND I even still eat broccoli and spinach on occasion. Also if you notice, I bought the lean beef, just like I always saw you buy.

    So gimme a break...I'm getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't commenting on what you eat, I was commenting on the comment about "Chicks" who should do all the cooking. Your women in the kitchen cooking for the man mentality is offensive to me (especially since I did cook for you) and I really hope you were just joking.

    ReplyDelete