Friday, October 24, 2008

Obama Plan For Wealth Re-Distribution Hits Home With Many

Today on my way to lunch I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read 'Vote Obama, I need the money.' I laughed.

Once in the restaurant my server had on a 'Obama 08' tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference -- just imagine the coincidence.

When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful. (He'd probably vote for me for President, especially if I arranged to have someone drive him to the polls.)

At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient had the greater need.

I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love it!! Give 'em a practical example of life under their
    "messiah"

    BTW its off topic,sorry, but I think its important to spread the word that the military is being disfranchised again, this time in Virginia

    http://apackof2-theworldaccordingtome.blogspot.com/2008/10/military-being-disfranchised-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:03 PM

    I bet the Obamanation supporter was shocked. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Washington State, a bunch of ballots were sent out with Dino Rossi stating he "Prefers GOP" as his party. The Democrats tried to get a judge to change the ballots to say Rossi is a Republican. That way, if there is a razor-thin margin again, the Donks can disqualify all the absentee ballots sent out to the military because they said GOP rather than Republican. But the judge wouldn't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obama has revised and extended his "spread the wealth" remarks to only include people who have jobs. That means the homeless guy, as well as the millions of people who are and will be laid off are S.O.L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that's a little closer to what's fair and just. If you aren't paying taxes in (or if you're not legally in the country and authorized to work), you shouldn't be getting tax credits or stimulus checks back out.

    The fairest and most direct way to give the people more of their own money back is to just take less (or none at all) in the first place.

    Of course then the Liberals get upset and scream because a 1% tax reduction means that a guy who pays $10,000 in taxes only gets taxed $100 less, but the guy who pays $100,000 in taxes gets taxed $1000 less. THAT to the Liberals is "unfair", not the fact that one person is still being taxed roughly $90,000 more than the other.

    I have a neighbor who goes crazy every time that I suggest that we should all be taxed the same amount based on a breakdown of the yearly budget divided by the number of citizens. He makes much less than I do and screams that it's unfair, because then my tax rate as a percentage of my income would be lower than his. I tell him to do what I did and go to school and get a better job, but he says that he doesn't want to go to school or work harder than his little flunky no-skills-required job makes him work. He just has a problem with other people making more than him and getting to keep that extra cash.

    And yes, he's a die-hard Democrat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, was this your original story? It's being circulated as an email, according to Glenn Reynolds:

    http://www.pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/archives2/026255.php

    I sent Glenn a tip that it was your original story, hopefully you'll get the benefit of the Instalanche if he makes a correction.

    Bob

    (word verification: winger) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I sure can't claim it. I got it unattributed from my father. Normally I don't post stuff that someone else wrote without a cite, but in this case, I didn't have a source and I figured that it was being sent around so much that it would be obvious that it was just a joke and not mine.

    Still funny tho.

    ReplyDelete