Sunday, June 28, 2009

A day away

So yesterday, I went along with Nicki on a trip to deliver her daughter to the grandparents' house up near Philadelphia.

Now I shall miss this child, as she's one of my most reliable and credible witnesses when I tell tales of Nicki's road raging. I half suspect that she was actually spirited away for just that reason.
On the way back, we stopped all too briefly at Valley Forge, home of the newly-formed Continental Army's winter quarters in 1777 and 1778. It's a fair-sized park, and we were only able to see but a fraction of it before having to rush on, as we'd intended to meet my old friend, Massad Ayoob, for dinner following a class that he's teaching in Harrisburg this week-end.

We caught the tail end of Mas's class, then met his charming lady friend Gail, and Ken, another LFI grad who is actually local to Washington DC, and we adjourned to his hotel for a casual pizza dinner and a nice, relaxing evening. We caught up on old times, and as you can tell from this picture, Nicki was enjoying Mas' Michael Jackson jokes to no end.

And of course us all being gun folk, the appropriate fawning was done by all over Mas' new Springfield Armory XD, as modified by SA's custom shop.





It has a easy to acquire fiber-optic front sight, adjustable rear target sights, an enlarged mag well, and a trigger pull that's to die for. ow I have to figure out what I can sell to get one of those...that pistol was a work of art. I might just have to put Lagniappe up for sale again. (Not to worry, every time I sell him, he always sneaks away and comes back.)


It's nice to get away every once in a while and spend time with good friends, even if only for a day.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day getting away with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool friends. I'm genuinely impressed.

    ReplyDelete