Saturday, July 04, 2020

She said I had to post

Merida insisted that I put a post up to declare that she is healthy and fabulous and eager to kick most any other dog’s butt. Scrappy little bitch has gotten herself banned from the dog park for fighting. And shame on her, but no teeth and only three legs and she still wins!

Meanwhile, I added a Harris bipod to the distance AR and took it out yesterday to zero it. Once sighted, at 200 yards it busts 4” sporting clays consistently if I do my part. Next step is to lay in a quantity of Mk262 77gr. Ammo and see what she’ll do at a distance. If yesterday’s performance was any indicator I’m going to be happy with this rifle.

Happy Independence Day. Looking forward to the day we become free of liberalism so freedom really can reign!

9 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're still around, Murph. It's been kinda quiet around here lately.

    Happy Independence to all y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Merida. It's definitely the size of the fight in the dog. Nice rifle too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Murphy;

    Glad to see that you and the assorted hamsters are doing Great!, was fixing to put you on a milk carton" Hi have you seen me?" LOL. I am doing another AR build, but mine is a M4gery. the next afterwards will be a distance build. I'll hit you up for the specs on that if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all is well, and nice rifle. Re: liberty, well said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you're alive and well. Happy Independence Day from the losing side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about Merida... Nice set up on the rifle though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merida is a very good girl. She is right, as we like to keep track of you all from Covington.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can such a sweet pup get banned? Don't the 'authorities' at the park know she was just defending her honor? Dogs are amazingly resilient, aren't they? We had a blind Catahoula that ran with the other dogs just fine, and she could even fetch a tennis ball using her ears and nose.

    Nice rifle - I'm sure you'll be happy with the Mk 262 as long as your twist is OK with it. Reminds me, I really need to get out to the range with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure like your dogs! They have lots of personality - not boring at all.

    Next time you're up in these northern parts bring that rifle - you can have a match with my daughter. Bring a Garand too - we can have a little Camp Perry of our own! That would be some serious fun, especially if the Shekel brought some of his tribe along too.

    ReplyDelete