Thursday, August 21, 2008

"After the Democratic National Convention ends, there will be hundreds of marijuana cases all showing up at the same time,"

Well that title's not my opinion. It's a quote from a pothead and spokesman for the "legalize drugs" movement named Mason Tvert. Apparently he knows a thing or two about the sort of people who will be showing up in Denver for the Democratic National Convention. And considering that most of them think that either Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton would be the best leader for America, I can't say that I doubt him.

Anyone who thinks that has to be smoking something.

But actually the story is about how a bunch of stoners and drug abusers in Denver have asked Denver's City Council to make the police lay off from arresting drug users during the convention. Tvert, leader of the group Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation, said the city's policy requires that people busted for narcotics possession to show up in court, and he warns that this could clog the court system. "After the Democratic National Convention ends, there will be hundreds of marijuana cases all showing up at the same time," Tvert said.

Apparently they're conceding that the average dope user cannot control him/herself well enough to keep from toking up in public, and I guess that they fear that if enough of them get arrested before Obama's coronation, there'll be a bunch of empty seats in the auditorium and that'll look bad on TV.

Tvert apparently wants a big cloud of pot smoke over the convention. He says that conventioneers will be consuming large amounts of alcohol and they should have an alternative.

Well I suppose that if I was so down on America that all I could think to do was vote Democrat, I'd probably want to get drunk or high and stay that way too. Fortunately I'm much better than that. Not saying that I'll vote for McCain--I don't intend to--but I'd set myself on fire before supporting a nightmare like Barack Obama.

Meanwhile, Denver police aren't caving in to the druggies. Lt. Ernie Martinez, representing Denver police, said police will have bigger priorities during the convention, but police won't give up their authority.

"If something occurs in front of us, we're going to act," Martinez said.

Heck, bring in dope dogs from around the country and send every drug-possessing criminal down to bunk in tents with Sheriff Joe Arpaio . That'll go a long ways toward making Denver nicer and safer for the law-abiding residents. But it'd sure put a hell of a dent in the convention. Aside from the crippling blow to the junk food vendors, I suspect that if all the drug users in Denver got locked up, there'd only be a couple dozen Democrats left.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:26 AM

    As a Denver resident, I can safely say you have no idea what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't blame me. It was the pothead who said it. I'm just reporting on it.

    And BTW, did you ever think that if it wasn't for Denver's drug culture and it's illegal alien sanctuary policies, Denver might not be the economically-depressed and unsafe cesspool that it is today?

    ReplyDelete